Back to jobs
|Job title :||SAP IT MANAGER|
|Start date :||11/2/2020|
|Job Reference :||476059_1|
|Job published :||9 months ago|
- Select and develop all direct reports.
- Inform new hire direct reports on all applicable processes, policies and procedures.
- Identify training needs and ensure training compliance of all direct reports and staff in area of control.
- Control, monitor, manage and assess performance of all direct reports and staff in area of control, as well as maintain all relevant performance management records.
- Develop succession plan to achieve functional and departmental objectives.
- Direct ICT operations and set priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations.
- Formulate and direct ICT strategies for short term and long term operational needs, assist with the creation of test plans and efforts, and oversee the security of ICT systems.
- Formulate, implement and review contingency plans to support operations and communicate to staff in area of control.
- Plan and control resources, staff, equipment and supplies.
- Audit workgroup and operational performance when required.
- Establish, amend, implement and enforce all departmental policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure departmental and systems compliance to all corporate policies, procedures and processes and relevant legislation.
- Review and analyse operational reports and performance data.
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop quality action plans.
- Initiate and lead feasibility studies, develop project outlines and delegate to project teams.
- Cooperate with other operational groups to promote quality management and continuous improvement of operations.
- Coordinate project team and ensure that goals are met for the project lifecycle, including the achievement of collective and individual performance criteria.
- Responsible for daily scheduling, resourcing, prioritising and task coordination.
- Prepare financial, budget and forecasting documentation and ensure proper allocation of resources.
- Aim to meet project milestones, objectives and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Analyse information needs and the relevant technology to meet those needs.
- Liaise with other managers to decide on project timelines.
- Plan, develop, direct, control and manage the group’s ICT systems to meet business requirements.
- Maximise integrity, security and performance of the group’s ICT systems.
- Manage the selection, installation, use and maintenance of network infrastructure, servers, security systems, online platforms, communications systems, hardware, software and associated services and technology.
- Participate in strategic planning within the technology area.
- Select suppliers/carriers/vendors, review and control performance, and negotiate and manage licensing, supply, service and support agreements and contracts.
- Build relationships with suppliers/carriers/vendors and internal customers to facilitate departmental and organisational objectives.
- Control and manage the operational budget for the department.
- Ensure a register is maintained of all group technical property including licensing, hardware and equipment.
- Monitor and analyse ICT support inquiries and trends and implement appropriate strategies.
- Implement escalation procedures to minimise disruption to the organisation and resolve escalated queries/issues.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to ICT support team and manage the provision of user training as required.